Friday, February 04, 2005

She Should Teach Lessons...

How's this for equality between the sexes?

I take a 2.5 hour class every Wednesday. This past Wednesday, I witnessed a girl who can only be described with an analogy. Girl : Getting Digits :: Sheriff of Nottingham : Collecting Taxes

I'm not kidding.

I took some notes, mostly on stuff that we were talking about in class, but I also took note of her ritual. Watch for it boys, lest you too fall under her spell.

She comes into class a few minutes late, and sits next to a good-looking guy below me. I'm guessing they might have been vaguely acquainted beforehand, but I'm not sure. They're talking and being slightly flirtatious, and about 10 minutes after she sits down, she's scratching his back and they're getting along just fine. At one point she does the following:

1. Reach down slowly for bag
2. Pull out chap stick (blistex perhaps?)
3. Place chap stick back into backpack
4. Pull out sweet scented oil (OK, some would call it simply lotion)
5. Begin to use it- large dollop in hand first, then slow motions over arms and hands, rubbing particularly on elbows and fingertips.
6. Re-insert lotion in bag, and sit back to take notes again.

I think I may have even detected an elbow brush.

For some reason, the guy has to leave at the break, about an hour and a half into class. He gets up with a charge for her to "call him" and leaves. Not 5 minutes after guy #1 is gone, guy #2 enters the scene. He sits in the recently-vacated seat next to her, and they start talking.

I start paying attention to class much more hard-core at this point, and about 15 minutes later, I look down in time to see her receiving a business card from this guy with his number on it, and she starts the same ritual listed above again. "Lotioning and oiling, oiling and lotioning!"

Apparently though, it works...because she didn't have to get up once, and she came out of that classroom with two numbers, and the request to call them both...

2 comments:

Christie C said...

That's way too funny. :) I love the analogy!!!

Krista said...

Wow, J. That was just about the smoothest thing EVER. I don't think anyone will pick up on what you were trying to do there.