Friday, April 29, 2005

"Oh yeah? Well I'm wearing a pillow case."



Hello all, and welcome to the wonderful world of sewing in the wilderness with Novel. Today we're going to teach you what do in case you happen to go on an awesome camping trip, and forget about the fact that you're going to church on Sunday. Consequently, you may have only brought to pairs of pants, and rather old-looking jeans at that, and a pair of khaki shorts. Here's what you need to do: First, take the second pillow case you have off of your pillow. You know the one--the ruffles at the bottom, with a pattern much like that pictured above, that one. Then, split the seam in the end that's not usually open using your pocket knife. Then, be sure to rip a small slit in the top of the pillow case so that you can tie it together in the front for better fit/decoration...Viola! Instant skirt in the wilderness! Tune in next time as Novel teaches you how to make bandanas with the same material, and your bare hands...

Yes friends, I wore a pillow case to church, because I forgot to bring a skirt on our camping trip. For me, I just couldn't wear pants to church when I had some other alternative, and it didn't actually turn out looking terrible...Honest. Only those who knew what it was found it hilarious. Mostly meaning, me, Uffish, E, and S. It was really great. Anytime someone had something good to say, I got to come back with, "Oh yeah? Well, I'm wearing a pillow case!" Should something tragic be happening, the same thing could be said, only sadder. If someone wanted to make me feel silly, they came back with, "Oh yeah, what do you know? You're wearing a pillow case." Fun times in the wilderness, fun times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish I could have been there to see it.