Thursday, August 18, 2005

"Neighbors, You are Tedious!"

I'm currentaly watching Much Ado About Nothing with Wafflewitz and Phoenix. That's a line from the movie.

Education week individuals are currently staying on my floor. They're pretty nice people, much more pleasant to deal with than Women's Conference, though I'm ready for someone besides them to come and live on the floor. I'm ready for the girls who are all excited for freshman year to come, and for the older couples to go home and send their freshmen to college. This morning, I walked out onto my floor to the smell of Old Spice, and the sound of Men's Voices. I'm tired of seeing young punks on the floor who come and go as they please without any kind of asking. While visiting hours can be inconvinient, it makes things easier to keep track of...and it also makes sure that there are actual foods in the vending machines. Silly kids with signature cards.

Also, women can be so irrational. Beatrice just told Benedick that if he loved her he should kill his best friend. That's pretty much the stupidest idea ever. There's no reason that men should have to do some great act to prove that they love someone. It's the small acts and kindnesses that prove that--not some singular action. Oh Beatrice...how much you make Benedick suffer...and for what?

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
Friedrich Nietzsche

2 comments:

tiblittle said...

You have to remember that Shakespeare wrote it, and he's a man. My favorite quote from Much Ado: "Friendship is constant in all other things save in the office and affairs of love . . ."

Anonymous said...

She wanted to avenge Hero. It makes sense to me :/ Note that she'd do it herself if she could, but it wouldn't be honorable for her to kill him, it would just be murder. Meanwhile Benedick is standing around helplessly proclaiming his love and not doing anything to prove it.

I don't think this is making sense so I'll just stop.