Monday, October 03, 2005

Bah To All Papers

You know what? Papers make me feel nostolgic and day-dreamy. I can't yet decide if this is a coping mechanism, another way to procrastinate, or just some sort of rare phenomenon. I start thinking of lots of other places I'd rather be at that moment--right now my particular fancy has been with the ocean--either the rocky shores of New England, where I've never honestly been, or to the foggy beaches of northern California. I don't feel like seeing the sunny warm beaches of Florida and Southern California. Sure, those things are really pretty...but for the past few months I've had a sort of quietly desperate desire to go to a beach that makes it seem like you'd be able to be secluded--all alone with you, the ocean, and maybe a someone. Not a people-infested beach that's crawling with half clad women. There was this one beach that my family always used to go to in California when we lived there. It's called Zmudowski, and it's huge and long, and usually windy. The perfect kind of beach for wearing a sweater to and just wading. Or, you can body surf...if you feel so inclined to do so. I loved it, and right now, I really want to go back there.

Maybe all this dreaming comes from the fact that many of my papers are written when I ought to be sleeping....

Guess it's time to go to laundry now...maybe THAT will get my paper done.

1 comment:

Jokey Smurf said...

I want to be at the beach, too. Bodysmurfing. and then go to In-N-Out.