Monday, June 12, 2006

Mondays

Sometimes, I hate Mondays. This is a pretty common sentiment among the masses. No one likes Mondays, because Mondays equal the start of the week, right?

Not for me. Monday, for me, equals the end of the weekend. See, I have work on Saturday, and as a trade-off, I get Mondays off. This should be really great, right? Sometimes.

The problem is that I have to do everything that I do alone. Yup...Just little old me, wandering around DC. Granted, sometimes this is great. Especially when I just want to explore and I can't think of anyone out here who would just explore with me. Other times, it's kinda lame.

Things I can do on my own that don't feel lame:
Museum touring--this occasionally prompts me to talk to myself, however, because I like to tell people interesting facts.
-Ways to fix this:
-Give unofficial tours of various museums, wear the badge so that people think they're official.
Exploring--this one works out well. I might get completely lost, but I'm the only one who knows that I'm lost, so I can figure out how to get home without causing anyone else annoyance or alarm.

Things that are lame to do on your own:
Going to the Zoo--sure, this could probably be fun on my own...But it just kinda seems lame. Maybe it's just me there...We'll see.
Going to the Jefferson Memorial--again...Maybe not actually lame...But it feels more lonely.
Going to most anything for the first time.
-Ways to fix this:
-find a homeless friend, start a program where they make 5 dollars a day for being your DC buddy. Start advertising the program and use the profits to make more homeless buddy friends. Stipulate that they must be drug and alcohol free when they're acting as your friend. Reputations must be kept intact.

Now to convince my Piquant friend to come out and run the advertising campaign. Course, guess if she was out here running the ad campaign...I wouldn't really need the company anymore. Hrmm....

See--Mondays are too complicated. I'm off soon to go and tour some gift shops for some presents.

2 comments:

Piquantly Parisian said...

Washington, DC; advertising; good friend Novel...

I think all I need is housing and I am totally in.

Then again, maybe to make a good, effective campaign I need to experience the homeless feeling. Sack the need for housing. I'm moving to DC!

Piquantly Parisian said...

P.S. Watch out for that reputation. I am told that they are easily tainted by hanging out with the opposite gender.