Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Secret Assasins

I believe I have recently been the victim of an assassination attempt gone (thankfully) wrong. After an entire school year of safety, my large florescent light decided to turn on me for no good reason at all.

This is my story:

I'm sleeping, which seems lately to be a rare enough thing in and of itself, and I'm having a dream. I'm not exactly sure why, but at one point in the dream, I'm opening up some Tupperware. Exactly at the point where I should have heard the lid open, I hear instead a terrible crash and clattering. Knowing that it's far too early for Santa, I sit up confused and look about my room. I find that the large florescent light cover that had been previously affixed sturdily over my light has somehow been knocked loose and fallen at an angle clearly designed to try and kill me. Can I help but suspect foul play? I think not. Relieved at the obvious failure, I decide to inspect the damage in the morning, and snuggle sleepily back into my pillow.

As I inspected the damage the next morning, I found it'd been worse than I thought it would be. Shards of plastic lay strewn about my desk, my monitor bore its own battle wound, and a key on my keyboard had been unceremoniously ripped from its rightful placement. I don't know what kind of fiend could have been so truly nefarious as to cause such things, but this much I know...

I'll be sleeping with one eye open from now on.

3 comments:

Trueblat said...

I just had to comment on the great use of TMBG's song. I love that group. I just wish a lot of people out here didn't find them flat out annoying. I beleive it's an aquired taste. For me, they are one of the few groups that are bizarre enough that I don't analize them and can just listen peacefully to them(wow, I corrected that sentence, and it's still pretty butchered).

Krista said...

Wow, trueblat! I'm glad to see you like the bizarre ones, too. Have you ever tried the Talking Heads? Very, very odd, definitely an accuired taste, but the stuff I have is so good. Of course, I worked with my father, (who knows their stuff better) to pick out the cleaner songs.

Scott said...

Just remember: It's as bad as you think and they're all out to get you.
I have a pin that says that-- I should wear it more often...