Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hey Friends...Did You Miss Me?

Ahoj all (that's Czech by the way),

Don't worry, I don't actually expect any of you to answer that question. I just kind of feel like musing right now...any of you guys have to write songs or something? I could probably be some good inspiration...probably. Or maybe not.

Before you continue any further, this will likely be really incessant babble, you've been warned, proceed at your own risk.

To start off, I really like people. I like to talk to them, I like to be around them, I like to hear their stories, and figure out where they're coming from. I like to hear their opinions on things. I don't often like to share mine readily on certain topics, but I will eventually.

I really like smells, and I have a pretty good smell-memory correlation. When I was checking out colleges, I visited Mars Hill, and their history wing smells just like the cafeteria of Cherry Hill Elementary school here in Utah-I went there for a couple of years...kinda. That's where I got one of those color-changing mustang shirts. I was cool for like...30 seconds.

I really like change. I like to adapt, and to do new things, and to grow (well, except for my hair, and I'm not really getting any taller either...but I'm sure you get what I mean.). If I'm doing one thing for too long, I start to feel like I'm stagnant. Just this morning, I was getting ready to go to class, and I noticed that the bottom layer of my short haircut was getting a little long. In fact, it was approaching the lines of "mullet." Those are lines that I refuse to cross, so I cut it off. Just like that. there goes about an inch of hair. I don't think that many people can understand why I do these things...I can't really understand it. For me, some days it's easier to just cut a little bit off my hair than to figure out what to do with it. Consequently, my hair ends up pretty short, and nearly every time someone asks "did you get a haircut" I can answer yes, because it's true.

I also really like soft blankets. Who doesn't?

I don't like the assessment part of school. It's not because I'm terrible at it, it's just because it seems to take the fun out of it. Religion tests, papers, homework...they're all things that I just don't particularly enjoy doing. I like class, especially when I have good professors, and I have the chance to participate and discuss, and I also don't mind reading. For me, it's the rest of it that sucks the fun out...but oh well. When I rule the world....

Ok, that's probably enough for now. I'm sure that you'll get some more later. Maybe I'll even jump on the quiz bandwagon at some point...maybe not. We'll see. Until later friends, have a nice night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed you, Novel. I find it interesting that you say you don't often like to share your opinions on certain topics. Cause when I read that, I was like, Wow, I totally agree, I would much rather listen to others' opinions than share my own. Sometimes I wonder if I even have opinions. Well I know I have opinions, but they don't seem very strong or well formulated. I also don't have a very strong smell-memory correlation. I really don't have a very good sense of smell to begin with.

Unknown said...

Ahh, and yes Novel I missed you horribly. You're one of the people I look forward to talking to in the morning. I agree with ya though, I love people. I love trying to figure them out and understand where they are coming from. Although I usually use that information for evil...MUWHAHAHA. *clears his throat* Excuse me there, must have had a hairball. Moving on. As for opinions...well I share mine with anyone who asks for it...and I tend to think people are asking for my opinion more than they are. But I also love hearing others', particularly when they agree with mine or have some twist I hadn't thought of before. Well, that's enough self-incrimination for today.