Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Drippy

So many things to tell you
Such important news to share
Of things like trees, and tests and mud
But right now, you can’t be there

So many things to do with you
Like walking along the street
And holding hands and getting a hug
After a day that’s left us beat

So many events you’re missing
Like that time I curled my hair
And then it rained, and all went straight
Wet and drippy, it just hung there

So many things I’m missing
Like the smile you put on my face
So many parts and bits of me
I didn’t realize you’d put into place

I’m missing the big picture
And the fact that you’ll be home soon
I know you’re doing the things that are right
Just right now, I’m missing you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me feel all sappy inside. I think I'll send it to Jason. He appreciates that kind of stuff. And also he thinks you're an amazing poet. I sent him "Whose Side are You On?" way back when and he still mentions it from time to time. You're amazing Miss..Novel.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the poem. It could even be a song. I thought of the Lasagna song while I was reading it. You've always had a knack for writing poems--a knack that I lack.