Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Girls Girls Girls!!!

Don't worry friends, I got that title from a billboard in Vegas...but the post is nothing like the scantily-clad individuals who adorned it. Nope, none of those wel- placed sequins here-just plain clothes...with sleeves, and "hemlines down to the boottops, and necklines up to the necks." (Have you seen that movie? I know YOU have ;)

OK, so...girls. You know what, I think we all think we're atypical. I don't really want to go into that right now, but it's kind of like what my favorite manatee lover was saying tonight, about how rebellion and conformity are the same thing...not going there either. Anyway...back to the feminines.

I attended Enrichment tonight, that was scheduled to go for 3.5 hours. Ever since Women's Conference last summer when I worked the MORC, I have been convinced that women should never be alone in a large group for any extended period of time without male contact. I wittnessed the true pioneer spirit as women refused to follow authority, blazed their own trails to food, and took all matters into their own hands. No good. Males help us to behave, to interact, and to come back to reality. When males are bad, they provide a common enemy for girl-hood to unite against. Sure, this girl you know may have been a complete jerk to you and stole the guy you liked, but if he turns out to be an even bigger jerk, girl jerk becomes your best friend because she saved you from pain, and you commiserate the male gender in general. Girl thinking just doesn't make sense sometimes.

I think that guys get the short end of the stick in a lot of lessons in church. Women are great, and womenhood is something to be honored and supported, because women do a good job of belittling themselves while the rest of the world does the same, but that doesn't mean that men are scum. Men provide a good tempering to women, and women help to nurture guys...etc. etc. etc. The whole point is to balance each other, not belittle.

Anyway, I guess the point is that I don't understand the way that girls work a lot of times. Guys always talk about how they don't understand females...but they're probably so confused because, well, so are we. We don't understand ourselves, we don't understand guys, and we definitely don't understand how we're supposed to interact. We just do a better job of pretending that we do than a lot of guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Estrogen in a confined place. Run for your lives. Run!!!!!

Unknown said...

What you said about girl-hood uniting reminded me of The Importance of Being Earnest. Gwendowlyn and Cecily certainly call each other sister after they've called each other a lot of other things first.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, you see the powers of my coersion are working...you are begining to the see the world as it really is. Or...maybe you already did and I'm just laughing with you. I think that girls are so confusing because they have to have rules...Guys we follow hiarchy...what the top dog says we do...unless we're trying to be the top dog...then we don't do...it's very simple. Girls...they confuse everything with these...emotions and communication stuff. We need to get back to raw violence and fighting...yeah...So follow me to the time machine, we're going back to Camelot!

-King Arthur