Monday, March 21, 2005

Shoes

Anyone who knows me in real life will not tell you that I am a fashion diva. My poor sister had to deal with me all through high school, and her good taste was offended by what is obviously a lesser sense of fashion in her older sister. Now, I don't dress disgustingly, and I like to look nice, but I am far from being "fashionable."

I was cleaning my room the other day, and organizing my shoes, when I realized that I seemed to have a large amount of them. I decided to count them today, and found that I have 52 shoes...

That's 26 pairs!! If I were to wear a different pair of shoes every single day, I could go nearly a month before I wore the same shoes twice.

WHY? An individual with as limited a fashion sense as mine has no business owning 26 pairs of shoes...it's just excessive!

The nice thing though is, that I haven't paid more than $15.00 for any pair of shoes in my closet. In fact, the majority of them cost me less than $10.00, and I've had some of them since 9th grade, so this is a collection that's been building over the past few years, but still...26 pairs?

5 comments:

Braden said...

Holy. I couldn't even keep them all in working memory to decide which to wear.

Jordan and Emily Chapman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jordan and Emily Chapman said...

Well, you actually have 29 pairs, there are three * pairs of your shoes in my room. I found that I have a lot of pairs of shoes too. I have ten pairs of black Sunday shoes. It's sad that I have to get rid of them when I move. :( Don't worry, I'll help you dress when I move out there. :) *( wrote a comment and then realized that I said two instead of three)

Jokey Smurf said...

I wore a different shirt every day from January first 2004 to the middle of March. Disgusting, huh?

Anonymous said...

I have almost 25 pairs right now in my closet or that should be in my closet and are really scattered around my room and apartment. There are at least three pairs under my bed, two pair in storage, and I get rid of at least five pair each semester. The oldest pair of shoes in my closet is two years old.

Today I bought my first pair of shoes that cost more than $20. Pointy toe alligator pumps with a three inch heel. I am in love with these shoes. I also bought my first pair of Nordstrom's shoes today, but they are brown strappy sandals for $20.

I love shoes.