Thursday, August 04, 2005

Babies....Babies Everywhere!

You know what? I absolutely love children. I mean, it's not even just the occasional glance at a child with a fond memory of when I was a child. I really, truly adore the tiny beings.

Babies, especially, make me so happy. I find very little else in the world quite so satisfying as holding a baby and reaching that moment where they feel safe with you. You know that they love you, and they're just so...sweet.

You know, that's a really good word for babies. Sweet. Don't worry--I'm not on any sort of Swift kick here. I do not plan to eat any sort of child. They're just sweet. They smell sweet, they're soft, they're cuddly, and I love them. It makes me smile just to see one.

I'm really excited to get to be a mom someday. The idea that I get to take care of a small child all my own is definitely one of my happy thoughts. I'm glad that I don't have to do it right now...and I'm glad that I get to wait for at least a few years before having to face the rest of the reality of having children. For now though, it just makes me happy to get to see them, to get to hold them, and to know that someday, one day, I get the opportunity to have a family all my own.

*happy sigh*

No comments: