Monday, May 08, 2006

Stop to Smell the...Greenery?

Alright--I wrote this post a long time ago, but my plants are all gone now, and I'm missing them right now, so I thought that I'd introduce them to you.



This guy to the right is "The Shrubbery" He and I have been together since September of My Freshmen year...that makes a friend of a whopping 2 and a half years. I bought him about a week after school started because I wanted something of my own to take care of. Now I'm an RA...guess it kind of works the same way...

The guy to the left here is also another one who needs a name, though he's been around for a little while. A really awesome family I know had a bunch of them in their kitchen and they were apparently trying to take over. They brought me one the last time they came to visit, I like that he's all stripey and kind of floppy. Again, any suggestions?

This guy has some of my favorite leaves. He doesn’t really have a name, but he does have a new pot—a really big one, and he’s got more leaves now.








This plant to the left is Diangelo Fig. One of the girls from my floor last year was with me when I bought him...and she named him. It's quite the name though, isn't it?







This last plant is one I like to call Gus. He's got skinny little legs, and really funny little leaves. It's kind of like Gus Gus from Cinderella...especially when the leaves are just growing--then they kind of curl open.



I guess the point of all that is this:


"I just really love plants."
-Persimmone Frosch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha Persimmone! I totally remember that. That was such a great date idea...Louis, I believe, was Persimmone's partner in crime?

Also, contrary to popular opinion, me and the Shrubbery are tight, yo. Any incidents having to do with refrigerators were purley accidental and in no way reflected upon my feelings for the Shrubbery. We're like family. Speaking of which, who is watching your little green children while you are off gallivanting in foreign lands?

Novel Concept said...

The Manatee Lover has generously agreed to watch over them with loving and gentle care. I trust her to do so...especially since it would be pretty tragic for the Shrubbery to die now...it's made it through a lot.