Sunday, February 27, 2005

Great Song

OK, this is my favorite song, I think it's absolutely awesome. It's called "Lasagna" and it's by Cherie Call.

Tried to eat some lasagna today.
It didn't taste how it did when I made it
Come to think of it, that was Tuesday,
Maybe I shouldn't have saved it.
The microwave gives it a radioactive crisp,
Which is not what you're after.
I still have half a pan left

Wish you were here.

Went to a resturant and saw these two,
They had a table near the band.
And when the band played a slow one,
He reached over to touch her hand.
Well, I think they saw me staring,
So I went to pay the bill.
But somehow it made me

Wish you were here.

It's not like I can't stand on my own,
It's not like I don't have friends who will call on the phone,
And boys who will take me out,
That's not what this is about.
Cause I've never missed you before,
But lately sometimes I do.
And I don't know where you are,
Or if there's even such a thing as you.
All I know is today hasn't been any different
From any other day of any year.
Maybe that's what's wrong

Wish you were here.

Well you've been gone too long.
Wish you were here.

Ooo Ooo Ooo Ooo
Wish you were here.



It doesn't leave you feeling like..."awwww, poor me," either. It makes you go, "Huh, there's someone out there just for me."

Yeah...Novel's feeling really sappy right now...anyone want half my Twix?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Novel-love the song. so cute!

Jokey Smurf said...

I do!
--Greedy

Unknown said...

I just had to comment because this is one of my favorite songs too. Well, you know that, I introduced it to you. Twix is also one of my favorites. Mmm...Twix!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Novel. Feel free to give me the other half. . .

Polaris Supernova said...

I love this song :) I came across it on accident, nearly a year ago, when some cds were mixed up between a friend and I...I never found out the title or the artist until today, though.

It's not whiny, true, and that's what I like about it...also because it wonders whats out there.