Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Sweep is as Lucky as Lucky can be...

I'm currently sitting on my break here in the WILK (yeah, I do custodial), and today is my first day. I apparently get an hour break each night I work from 2-3, with the first half hour not being paid, and the second half hour being paid--it's great. The people here are awesome, and I've really enjoyed myself thus far. Thank goodness for working with some great people. Sure does make the time pass more quickly, especially when you're working all night. (Uffish, THAT sentence was definitely a fragment, the one in my yet unfinished paper, was not...stupid Word.)

The WILK is oddly peaceful at 2:20 in the morning. It's kind of exciting, really. You know what else is exciting? The fact that the vending machine just stole my money, and I'm starving. Man, if I thought that my eating schedule was odd before... I know you're not supposed to eat late at night...does it count if you eat early in the morning?

The title--tonight I worked on floor crew, which means that I sweep floors, and then help to mop them. Soon, I will be helping to clean bathrooms. You all better appreciate those clean floors and bathrooms a little more the next time you use them in the WILK, as a lot of people go into making them clean.

Anyway, it's time for me to go and log back in. Then I get another break, and then three more hours of work here, and then 3 more hours of work at the MORC. Pretty soon, I'm going to have this no sleep thing totally under controll...or something :)

Nowhere is there a more happier crew...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it rather ironic that you are doing custodial work when our room was such a disaster 98% of the time. I can just imagine you in the wilk with a ribbon in your hair and a broom in your hand singing "with a smile and a song..."

Krista said...

Did you find money in the couch cushions? Did you bum quarters off of sympathetic coworkers? I don't remember you taking any money with you. Sorry about the vending machine, though- no fun. Maybe you can get some food later this morning? Or I could cook for you when you get home if you wake me up. E taught me how to poach eggs- I never knew.

Good luck, and I hope it's not too terrible. See if you can get the whole crew singing Sound of Music. Then teach them the dances.