Thursday, May 26, 2005

Things I've Come to Know Recently

Disclaimer: Not all of these things happened to me...honest.
  • Dancing in a fountain is wetter than Benedick makes it look
  • The little moat-like thing that runs south of campus was not meant for wading in--you get up to your knees in sticky grey-ish grainy mud only to realize that the walkway you were attempting to cross over to is a lot higher than you were expecting.
  • Sliding down rails in shorts is different than sliding down rails in pants
  • Sliding down rails in skirts is not a good idea--you lack friction
  • It's nice to work somewhere where people want you to be there
  • It's nicer to feel wanted in general
  • A whole package of spaghetti noodles boiled makes more than a small saucepan worth of food
  • Just a job and working do not big bucks make
  • My piggy bank looks possessed because it's currently possessing the majority of my earthly wealth
  • It's possible to get tan lines from walking across campus to class
  • Pink shirts are not the best way to downplay a sunburn
  • Even the non-drowsiest of formulas for allergy medicine puts me to sleep...and pretty fast
  • I really like my friends
  • Heck, I even love my roommate(s) (with every fiber of my being ;)
  • If your eyes are watering because of allergies, it's best to avoid looking at the wedding dresses for sale section of the WILK board--you end up looking like a jilted bride.
  • Talking to TA's and having them tear apart a paper you wrote isn't that bad
  • A lot of times I'm my own worse critic
  • I really don't look too great in a baseball cap
  • After 4 hours of working in the morning, I find great joy in strutting across campus wearing my nasty hat and work clothes as I enjoy the sunshine
  • I never want to have a kidney stone...*shudder*
  • I'm not a picky eater--and I'm not too bad at making food
  • It's possible to confuse a zucchini and a cucumber
  • Scrambled eggs that are a few days old are nasty looking--akin to yellow cow manure in a metal pan
  • I really really love children
  • Someday, I will have some of my own
  • I probably should be a physics teaching minor
  • My hair is nearly long enough for a ponytail, and I've not cut it in about 2 months
  • Jar Jar Binks is one of those "did I suggest him out-loud?" mistakes
  • I still love cold spaghetti
  • The smell of clean laundry makes me smile
  • The Sound of Music is really fun to sing/dance along to
  • Someday, I'll probably be in musical theatre--I've got all the skills for it...really
Yeah...that's probably enough for now--more to come

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. That scrambled eggs one was gross. Eww. But otherwise a fun list to read. I especially enjoyed the jilted bride one.