Thursday, January 20, 2005

Bathroom Pet Peeves

I'm sure none of you care, but perhaps some of you can at least relate. Here we are: Pet Peeves about the Bathroom (not necessarily in any particular order):

1. Having the water from the shower hit me directly after I turn it on. Maybe you don't quite understand what I mean. Most showers have that little switch, or pull thing that turns the shower from the main faucet to the showerhead. When that lever/switch is pulled, I can't stand to be anywhere within the range of the shower's spray when it first comes down. It literally makes me cringe. Sure, I could start the water first, and then get into the shower that way, but that doesn't happen. I usually end up pulling the lever, and then hurrying out of the way of the spray...or turning the head towards the shower wall, and then I get to walk into it at my own pace.

2. Urine anywhere besides in the toilet. I have an unusually high tolerance for gross stuff in general. If there's hair in the drain, it doesn't bother me-I just pick it up, and then throw it away. Odd gunk in the sink is fine, I take care of it, and then I wash my hands. It's simple really. The thing that I hate, not becuase it grosses me out, but because it's just rude, is urine on the toilet seat. I hate going into the Bathroom and seeing the seat spotted-granted, I don't have to deal with this at the moment, but still, yuck. I honestly don't care if the toilet seat is left up as long as no urine ends up on it when I go to sit down.

3. Speaking of sitting on the toilet seat, I can't stand when they move. You know how the bolts in the back get messed up sometimes, and the seat is no longer stationary? Drives me insane.

4. Toilet paper rolls put on the "wrong" way. I know that this one is odd...but oh well. It really irks me to have the toilet paper on the roll be there as "backwards." For me, this means that the free flap comes out the bottom of the roll, instead of gently falling over the top of it. I've gotten better about it recently-used to be that I'd change it wherever I could if it happened.

Alright, I'm done venting my frustration...

3 comments:

Christie C said...

I can relate! And I add to the list:

#5: Sitting in a public bathroom stall next to someone in the stall next to me talk on her cell phone as she does her business. Personally, I'd be pretty grossed out if I was on the phone with someone who was obviously "using the facilities."

#6: Along the lines of #5, being on the phone with someone who is in the bathtub (and tells you she's in the bathroom) and you can hear her splashing around. Weird, weird, weird, and bad mental images.

Jokey Smurf said...

Okay, I'm with J on this one. You girls are anal retentive. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

tiblittle said...

All of those things are disgusting, but one thing I hate is when I step out of the shower onto a cold and wet rug or floor. Why can't people just dry off a little before they get the rest of the bathroom soaking wet? OK, I'm whining, but it IS a pet peeve of mine.