Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Compulsion...

I've recently come to the realization that I have compulsive habits. The one I've most recently discovered is pen chewing.

I am a compulsive pen chewer. Whenever I find that I am stressed, or feel like I can't fix some sort of situation, I chew on a pen. Usually the lid. I've got an entire collection of pens that I've chewed on through various tests and such over the years. I even chew other people's pens when they let me use them. I do it entirely without thinking...sorry guys.

Tonight I actually bit through an entire pen lid...that's the first time that's ever happened. I've bitten through pens before, the hard plastic kind that crack, but never pen lids. I then continued to bite it until it was completely mangled. Why? I'm not naturally distructive. At least I don't think I am. I guess I'm just feeling a little stressed with life right now...

...er something.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I too have been guilty of pen chewing. The worst is when it blows up inside your mouth and you have a blue tongue. Yuck

Novel Concept said...

Don't worry Phoenix...I'll be absolutely sure not to let me borrow any pens from me in the future-I'd probably just keep them anyway.

Trueblat said...

I do the same thing. It was brought to my attention in my educational class. We were talking with a few parents who had children with special needs. One was autistic. She was talking about compulsive habits and says, "like chewing on pens" and looks back at me as I'm gnawing away on some tasty plastic.

azurerocket said...

I'm a pen mangler. I also always chew through sucker sticks when I'm done with the sucker. I don't know why I do this, it's a nasty aftertaste.