Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Identity: Loser

If you take the word "Loser" to mean "One who loses," then I am a grade A loser when it comes to Identity.

Well, at least when it comes to ID, as in BYU ID. I have had 6 different ID cards because I have, at some inconvenient time, misplaced the ID, and needed to go and get a new one. The best part of it all is though, that I've only paid for 2 of these ID's. This is how it works:

ID.01: Got my first day at BYU, right after a camping trip...that was precious.
ID.02: Thought I lost ID.01 on a trip to Las Vegas, figured I wouldn't get it back, and so I shelled out the $10.00 for a new one.
ID.03: Lost ID.02 somewhere on campus...maybe? But, having found ID.01 in my backpack at a later time, turned that ID in for the new one.
ID.04: Lost ID.03 somewhere...I can't keep these all straight. ID.02 was found by some friends of mine, and returned to me though, and, since I needed to take a test, I turned it in for a new one.
ID.05: Found out that ID.03 was lost at Legend's Grille, but didn't make it down to pick it up before they destroyed it. Having also lost ID.04, and needing to print off a paper, I shelled out $10 so that I could turn in a paper on time...lame.
ID.06: Thinking I'd lost ID.05, I turn in ID.04 (which was found in the library) in order to get ID.06. I've since found ID.05...it got lost while I was packing, and I found it in DC.

So, that brings us up to last night. I'm a loser, as far as ID goes...but last night, I became something different...I became a breaker.

ID.06 was in the back pocket of my pants that I'd been wearing that day. I changed into some other clothes for a run, put on my running shoes, and then stepped on my pants that I'd left on the floor. I hear a resounding "SNAP!" Chuckling to myself, I pull the two pieces of ID.06 out of my back pocket, amazed that it broke hot-dog wise, and think to myself that it means that tomorrow (today) I get to get ID.07 and a new picture, and I still have ID.05 as a back-up if I need it.

Guess I'm well on my way to having 10 different student ID's while I'm still at school...especially if I get married in the next year and a half...

1 comment:

Yarjka said...

I'm just going to go ahead and recommend that you go with the pig-tail look for your new picture. Seriously, it takes off, like, 20 years.