Friday, October 13, 2006

Overheard

Yeah, that's right. I'm still trying to write a paper, which is why I'm blogging again.

The other day, my dear friend Madame Manatee told me about a funny experience her friend had in the Math lab. Some kid came up to her, who she didn't know, and said the following:

"I hate you. Can I have a piece of paper?"

Apparently, he wanted to draw or something. Soon after getting the paper, he said this:

"Thank you for your sacrifice. I still hate you."

He then just walked away.

I love overhearing things on campus. Random snippets of conversations, taken way out of context serve to bring me immense entertainment. Some of my favorites:

"She's like a cell phone, I see her nights and weekends."

"He's always acting like I'm just a typical girl, like I can't think logically or something! Ugh, Holly, he's such a boy!"

What about you guys--have any favorites?

3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

"She dresses like she's hot, but she's not." -I kind of wanted to smack the guy for being so shallow!

"If ketchup were a food group, I'd live forever!"

Nectar said...

Police Officer: "You didn't think we gave pretty girls tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."

Okay, I didn't actually overhear that exchange, but it is supposed to be real.

Yarjka said...

Have you visited Overheard in New York? That's countless hours of fun if you haven't.